Re: MERGE SQL statement for PG12

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: MERGE SQL statement for PG12
Date: 2018-10-29 11:29:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Pavan,

On 10/29/2018 10:23 AM, Pavan Deolasee wrote:

> Thanks for keeping an eye on the patch. I've rebased the patch
> against the current master. A new version is attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Pavan

It's good to see the patch moving forward. What are your thoughts
regarding things that need to be improved/fixed to make it committable?

I briefly discussed the patch with a couple of people at pgconf.eu last
week, and IIRC the main concern was how the merge is represented in
parser/executor.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com