Re: psqlodbc driver returning empty string

From: imad <immaad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Zahid Khan <khanzahid235(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlodbc driver returning empty string
Date: 2009-05-14 14:52:01
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I believe you are retrieving value of a varchar type column which is
variable length. According to MS documentation, SQLGetData returns
value of variable length field on multiple calls. That is why it is
designed like that. In your case all the value is returned in the
first call and second call has nothing to return. If you try with a
fixed length field like INT or DATE it should work on subsequent
calls.

This is where I get my reference from

--Imad