Re: Issue with processes open for clients

From: imad <immaad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "jose fuenmayor" <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue with processes open for clients
Date: 2006-11-10 21:20:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

I found it on postgresql archives:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2004-09/msg00261.php

This post was by Tom Lane, I hope this is what you want.

It will time out by itself eventually (order of a couple hours probably
--- it depends on your TCP stack). You can try a SIGINT or SIGTERM.
SIGINT is safe but may or may not cause the backend to quit. SIGTERM
will make it quit, but I'm not prepared to guarantee that SIGTERM won't
have bad side effects. I'd suggest waiting...

--Imad
www.EnterpriseDB.com