Re: Cluster wide option to control symbol case folding

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "Lewis, Ian (Microstar Laboratories)" <ilewis(at)mstarlabs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cluster wide option to control symbol case folding
Date: 2017-01-03 22:54:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/2/17 2:01 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> The PostGIS extensions might not work on
> your system with different case rules if they haven't been 100%
> consistent with their camelCasing

FWIW I've already run into a similar problem with inter-extension
dependencies and relocatability. I've found hacks to work around this
during extension installation (ie: query pg_extension.extnamespace in
the dependent extension build script), but if the other extension gets
relocated you're hosed.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)