Re: Feature Proposal: Add ssltermination parameter for SNI-based LoadBalancing

From: Lukas Meisegeier <MeisegeierLukas(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature Proposal: Add ssltermination parameter for SNI-based LoadBalancing
Date: 2020-12-22 09:19:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey,

whats the state of this? Can we start working out a plan to remove the
inital SSLRequest from the connection protocol or is there any reason to
keep it?

I would start by removing the need of the SSLRequest in the psql-server
if its started with a special parameter(ssl-only or so).
Simultaneously I would add a parameter to this disable the SSLRequest in
the client as well.

Later we could make this behaviour default for psql-server with
ssl-enabled and clients and some far time ahead we could remove the
implementation of SSLRequest in both server and client.

What are your thaughts about this?

Best Regards