Performance question

From: "Marcelo de Moraes Serpa" <celoserpa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance question
Date: 2007-08-16 11:52:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list,

If I've got a trigger that calls a function each time there is a DELETE or
UPDATE opration on a table in my system, and in this function I retrieve
some boolean information from another table and based on this information,
additional code will be ran or not in this function. Could the solely fact
of calling the function and selecting the data on another table (and the
trigger on each update and delete on any table) affect the overall db
performance in a noticiable manner ?