Re: Audit-trail engine: getting the application's layer user_id

From: "Marcelo de Moraes Serpa" <celoserpa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Audit-trail engine: getting the application's layer user_id
Date: 2007-04-24 19:05:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for the replies.

@Richard: I've thought about having one DB user for each APP user. However,
a coworker told me that it would infeasible to do that on the web
enviroment, specifically for J2EE where a DB connection pool is used, so I
gave up on that.

@Jorge: Is this "connection id" you say equivalent to the "applicationid"
mentioned in the ibm db2 article? If so, how could I get this data through
my application?