Re: CREATE tab completion

From: Ken Kato <katouknl(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE tab completion
Date: 2021-11-18 07:25:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> + else if (Matches("CREATE", "TRANSFORM", "FOR", MatchAny)
> + COMPLETE_WITH("LANGUAGE")
> + else if (Matches("CREATE", "TRANSFORM", "FOR", MatchAny,
> "LANGUAGE")
>
> Those three lines are wrong, for two different reasons and three
> mistakes. You may want to compile your code before sending it :)
>
> + COMPLETE_WITH_QUERY(Query_for_list_of_schemas
> + " UNION SELECT
> 'AUTORIZATION'");
> Incorrect completion here, s/AUTORIZATION/AUTHORIZATION/.

Thank you for the comments.

I am sorry for the compile error and a typo. I will make sure to compile
before sending it and double check typos.

> "CREATE [TEMP|TEMPORARY] SEQUENCE name AS" could be completed with the
> supported types. There are three of them.

For this part, I did the following:
+ else if (TailMatches("CREATE", "SEQUENCE", MatchAny, "AS") ||
+ TailMatches("CREATE", "TEMP|TEMPORARY", "SEQUENCE", MatchAny,
"AS"))
+ COMPLETE_WITH("smallint", "integer", "bigint");

Am I doing this right? or Are there better ways to do it?

Best wishes,

--
Ken Kato
Advanced Computing Technology Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
create_tab_completion.patch text/x-diff 5.0 KB