Re: Fwd: I could not see any row in audit table

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Shailesh Singh <shailesh(dot)singh1988(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: I could not see any row in audit table
Date: 2017-01-26 00:31:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 01/25/2017 09:57 AM, Shailesh Singh wrote:
> Dear Adrian Klaver,
>
> I have used pg_dump to take backup
> eg: pg_dump my_db > /dbbackup/audit_table.sql

To be clear you dumped the entire database, not just the audit table,
correct?

Meant to ask before, are you dumping/restoring between the same Postgres
version, if so what version would that be?

If not what versions are we talking about and which version of pg_dump
did you use?

> And
>
> I have restored it using psql command
>
> eg: psql my_test_db < /dbbackup/audit_table.sql
>
> before it has had also created necessay hstore extension for my new db
> "*my_test_db*"

Again, just to be clear, you created the hstore extension in the new
database and then restored the data, correct?

> There is no error while restoring data.

The data is in the audit_table.sql file?

> After Restoring when i issued select count(*) from audit.logged_actions
> ; , it shows zero row count ,
>
> Some thing related to *toastble *i found as my table uses extended data
> type size , but till now not able to view data after restoring.

Looking at the table schema, there are non-toastable fields in it also,
so I would except you would see something or get an error when you did
the select. I don't think this is a TOAST problem.