Misc. Win32 questions

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Misc. Win32 questions
Date: 2004-12-12 17:35:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi

can someone confirm the following obvervations / questions
regarding PostgreSQL on Windows (I'm writing an article and don't want
to give wrong information):

- the directory with the various bin utilities (initdb etc.) isn't
appended to the system path during installation;

- a reboot during / after installation is not necessary;

- there's no tab-expansion support in psql. Is that a licensing
issue or a Windows issue?

- is the only way to start initdb and co. from the Windows
command-prompt thingy?

- how can I reload the server after changing a config file (without forcibly
stopping / starting the server)?

- (embarassing question) how do I execute a command on the Windows
command line thingy where the path has a space in it (C:\Program
Files\...)?

Thanks

Ian Barwick