Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com
Cc: Tatsuhito Kasahara <kasahara(dot)tatsuhito(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction
Date: 2009-03-25 17:07:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM, hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz(at)depesz(dot)com> wrote:
> I would love to get it, but when I suggested it some time in the past
> Tom shot it down as bad idea.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20071016132131.GA4438@depesz.com

I agree with Tom here. I tracked a lot of idle in transaction problems
and you need the whole sequence of queries of all the backends to
really understand what happens.
The last query executed is mostly useless to solve this sort of
problem. At least, it was for me in every case I had to deal with.

--
Guillaume