create table problems

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: create table problems
Date: 2006-07-26 20:51:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to create a table in my production system that has a foreign
key into an existing table. However, this action is being blocked by
transactions on that table, and is blocking any additional selects on that
table.

Why is this? The table is empty (being a create), so I don't understand
what Postgresql is trying to do.

Thanks,

Chris
PG 8.1.3