Logging Question

From: "Mag Gam" <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logging Question
Date: 2008-02-24 20:57:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi pgsql-novice:

I am using 8.3 and trying to build a log analyzer to take stats. I am trying
to log the following:
Database Connection: Database Name, so I know which database its on
Statement: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
Timestamp of Statement
Duration of statement (could be important for performance tuning)

And most important, I would like a record seperator, "<**** >", after each
log entry so my parser can know when to start and stop, for example:

<****>
foo_db: select * from some_table: Feb 21, 2008: 1s
<****>

Is this possible to do? Are there internal catalog command I can use
instead?

Any thoughts?

TIA