Re: Tsearch 2, index in different table?

From: Mag Gam <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Charley Tiggs <ctiggs(at)xpressdocs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsearch 2, index in different table?
Date: 2005-12-22 16:49:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Charley:

thanks for the reply, I have already tried this.

I have something like this:

CREATE TABLE tsearch_index ( i serial PRIMARY key);
CREATE TABLE book (book_id serial PRIMARY KEY, title varchar(100));
ALTER TABLE tsearch_index ADD COLUMN idxFTI tsvector;
INSERT INTO book (title) VALUES ('Duck Tales');
INSERT INTO book (title) VALUES ('Jungle Book');

When I run your query:

test=# UPDATE tsearch_index SET idxFTI=to_tsvector('default',coalesce(SELECT
test(# title FROM book,''));
ERROR: syntax error at or near "SELECT" at character 64
LINE 1: ...earch_index SET idxFTI=to_tsvector('default',coalesce(SELECT

Any other suggestions?