tsearch2: index in different table?

From: Mag Gam <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tsearch2: index in different table?
Date: 2005-12-20 17:50:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to store an index in a different table? Instead of
keeping the index in a separate column, I have a separate table for
storing all indexes. I am trying to set up something like this:

UPDATE indexTable SET index1=to_tsvector('default',coalesce(Table1.Data,''));

This is currently not working, but something in this line. Is this
possible? Does tsearch2 only restrict to 1 table?

TIA