Re: lfcr with plpgsql

From: "Derrick Betts" <derrick(at)grifflink(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lfcr with plpgsql
Date: 2005-03-09 02:06:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is the line that sends the mail in the function in question:

PERFORM pgmail(\'Reminders(at)EvergreenMortgageInc(dot)com\',email_1,\'Reminder
Notice\',Body,\'text/html\');
where the email_1 variable is the TO: address. The Body variable is as
explained below.

This is the pgmail function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pgmail(text, text, text, text, text)
RETURNS int4 AS
'
set mailfrom $1
set mailto $2
set mailsubject $3
set mailmessage $4
set contenttype $5
set myHost "127.0.0.1"
set myPort 25
set mySock [socket $myHost $myPort]
set toemailaddress_start [string first "<" $mailto]
if {$toemailaddress_start != -1} {
set toemailaddress_finish [string first ">" $mailto]
set toemailaddress_start [expr $toemailaddress_start + 1]
set toemailaddress_finish [expr $toemailaddress_finish - 1]
set toemailaddress [string range $mailto $toemailaddress_start
$toemailaddress_finish]
} else {
set toemailaddress $mailto
}
set fromemailaddress_start [string first "<" $mailfrom]
if {$fromemailaddress_start != -1} {
set fromemailaddress_finish [string first ">" $mailfrom]
set fromemailaddress_start [expr $fromemailaddress_start + 1]
set fromemailaddress_finish [expr $fromemailaddress_finish - 1]
set fromemailaddress [string range $mailfrom $fromemailaddress_start
$fromemailaddress_finish]
} else {
set fromemailaddress $mailfrom
}
fileevent $mySock writable [list svcHandler $mySock]
fconfigure $mySock -buffering none
puts $mySock "HELO 127.0.0.1"
gets $mySock name
puts $mySock "mail from: $fromemailaddress"
gets $mySock name
puts $mySock "rcpt to: $toemailaddress"
gets $mySock name
puts $mySock "data"
gets $mySock name
puts $mySock "To: $mailto"
puts $mySock "From: $mailfrom"
puts $mySock "Content-Type: $contenttype"
puts $mySock "Subject: $mailsubject"
puts $mySock ""
puts $mySock "$mailmessage"
puts $mySock "."