Re: Lock Statistics

From: adey <adey11(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lock Statistics
Date: 2007-07-30 22:35:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Try this query for a start, and add system tables to the join to find what
you want:-

-- displays locks with database name and username, but not table

-- CAUTION: this query may impact system performance as you are selecting
from system tables

select

relation

, c.relname

, u.usename

, pid

, mode

, transaction

, granted

, datname

, u.usesysid

, usesuper

--*

from pg_locks l, pg_stat_activity s, pg_user u, pg_class c

where l.pid = s.procpid

and l.relation = c.relfilenode

and s.usesysid = u.usesysid

order by l.pid;