Re: add \dpS to psql

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: add \dpS to psql
Date: 2022-12-08 11:03:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08.12.2022 07:48, Isaac Morland wrote:
> If we implement MAINTAIN to control access to VACUUM, ANALYZE,
> REFRESH, CLUSTER, and REINDEX, we will cover everything that I can
> find that has seriously discussed on this list

I like this approach with MAINTAIN privilege. I'm trying to find any
disadvantages ... and I can't.

For the complete picture, I tried to see what other actions with the
table could *potentially* be considered as maintenance.
Here is the list:

- create|alter|drop on extended statistics objects
- alter table|index alter column set statistics
- alter table|index [re]set (storage_parameters)
- alter table|index set tablespace
- alter table alter column set storage|compression
- any actions with the TOAST table that can be performed separately from
the main table

I have to admit that the discussion has moved away from the $subject.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com