Re: Generating code for query jumbling through gen_node_support.pl

From: Andrey Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bdrouvot(at)amazon(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Generating code for query jumbling through gen_node_support.pl
Date: 2023-07-11 06:44:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/7/2023 12:35, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 12:29:29PM +0700, Andrey Lepikhov wrote:
>> I vote for only one method based on a query tree structure.
>
> Noted
>
>> BTW, did you think about different algorithms of queryId generation?
>
> Not really, except if you are referring to the possibility of being
> able to handle differently different portions of the nodes depending
> on a context given by the callers willing to do a query jumbling
> computation. (For example, choose to *not* silence the Const nodes,
> etc.)
Yes, I have two requests on different queryId algorithms:
1. With suppressed Const nodes.
2. With replacement of Oids with full names - to give a chance to see
the same queryId at different instances for the same query.

It is quite trivial to implement, but not easy in support.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov