Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL server terminated by signal 11

From: "Daniel Caune" <daniel(dot)caune(at)ubisoft(dot)com>
To: "Jeff Frost" <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL server terminated by signal 11
Date: 2006-07-27 19:27:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Actually ulimit is unlimited for user postgres and when the server was terminated the memory used was not that much compared to the machine capacity:

Mem: 2075860k total, 1663520k used, 412340k free, 5620k buffers
Swap: 369452k total, 0k used, 369452k free, 1626176k cached

I feel a bit lost, because it was running pretty well for the last couple months. This table is a data stage table where some data are imported in from OLTP databases, this every day. Indexes are dropped before inserting data and created when insertion has finished. The structure didn't change since a while.

Regards,

--
Daniel