How to recover from : "Cache lookup failed for relation "

From: Patrick(dot)FICHE(at)AQSACOM(dot)COM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to recover from : "Cache lookup failed for relation "
Date: 2005-05-23 08:12:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a server installed with Postgres 8.0.2 on Solaris.
Since two days, I get the error : "ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation
463558"

When I look with the pgAdmin at my database, I see that I have in pg_temp_4
schema, a type called "tmp_d_alarm" which is the name of a temporary table
that I'm using in functions....
The table of the same name is not in the schema and I suspect that this
remaining type is causing the trouble.
How to get read of this type. I'm not able to drop it, neither the schema...
I tried some REINDEX but it seems that nothing will remove this type....

Thanks for your help
Patrick

Patrick Fiche
email : patrick(dot)fiche(at)aqsacom(dot)com
tél : 01 69 29 36 18