Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch

From: Jakob Egger <jakob(at)eggerapps(dot)at>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>, "pgsql-packagers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-packagers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bussmann Tobias <tobias(dot)bussmann(at)scnat(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch
Date: 2014-11-26 10:50:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is it broken *worse* in 9.4 than it was in previous versions?

No.

Because the indices need to be rebuilt, the only realistic opportunity for applying this patch to Postgres.app is when releasing a major new version, since then people need to migrate their data anyway. That's why I wanted to apply the patch when 9.4 is released.

I'm starting to see that maybe not all bugs can be fixed right now; I'm now waiting for input from the other contributors on Github.