JDBC on Postgres 8.3

From: "Allgood, John" <jallgood(at)ohlogistics(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC on Postgres 8.3
Date: 2008-06-05 14:10:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello All

We have a programmer who is wanting to access our PostgreSQL 8.3 database using JDBC connectivity thorough some Oracle Query tool. I have read from the JDBC site in regards to installing this and have some questions. I will be installing the JDBC driver on RHEL4 what version of the driver should I use? The programmer said JDBC3 or 4 would work fine. Also what java do I install? One more questions and I will be quiet. What environment variables need to be set for Java? Thanks for any advice that you could share with me.

Thanks

John Allgood
Senior Systems Administrator
Turbo, division of Ozburn-Hessey Logistics
2251 Jesse Jewell Pky. NE
Gainesville, GA 30507
tel: (678) 989-3051  fax: (770) 531-7878
jallgood(at)ohlogistics(dot)com
www.ohlogistics.com

This email transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete all copies.