RE: [INTERFACES] MsAccess and ODBC Postgres: table structure modi fication

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'tbyrnes(at)helioshealth(dot)com'" <tbyrnes(at)helioshealth(dot)com>, "'Cristiano Verondini'" <cverondini(at)deis(dot)unibo(dot)it>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] MsAccess and ODBC Postgres: table structure modi fication
Date: 1999-10-18 14:22:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The data structure of linked tables in Access is read-only. You can query,
modify, and add data to a linked table, but that is all. And you can only
modify if a primary key has been identified by Access, or specified by you
on request from Access when you link the table.

If you need to modify the structure of a table, you have to use the native
tools, or something like ERWin, and then delete and re-link the table in
Access.

MikeA