RE: plans & data for JDBC

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Kevin Gilpin'" <kevin(dot)gilpin(at)alum(dot)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: plans & data for JDBC
Date: 2000-12-18 17:04:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Gilpin [mailto:kevin(dot)gilpin(at)alum(dot)mit(dot)edu]
> Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 2:50 PM
> To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: [INTERFACES] plans & data for JDBC
>

> Where can I find:
>
> o dev plan for JDBC drivers for 7.1

Ideally it's www.retep.org.uk/postgres/ which I was going to update last
weekend but things got out of hand again. My home linux box is currently
down so it wont be before wednesday now.

> o information about reliability & scalability testing of the
> JDBC drivers?

I need to get some comments to put on the site about this. What I need from
everyone is a list of how people are using the driver, how they are finding
it's reliability/scalability etc.

> Stability and Reliability are my top concerns, and I would
> like to learn more about where the JDBC drivers currently stand and what
> the plan is for them going forward.

The first few months of next year are going to be quiet for me because I'm
starting a new job. However there will be some good things coming out of
this, mainly as it's primarily Java programming, rather than here where I
have to find an excuse to do any programming.

Also, being properly exposed to some real life enterprise situations (can't
call local government real life really) I'll be able to better handle things
like Servlets, XML, EJB etc.

So although it may sound quiet on the JDBC front, this is only temporary.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council