RE: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Joseph Shraibman'" <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>, Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
Cc: Janossy Gergely <gjano(at)freemail(dot)hu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?
Date: 2000-05-30 08:57:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I think the comment in thr source needs to be updated, as it's not that
accurate now.

There's two sides to the problem, the main one is that we don't yet fully
support all the necessary methods required for compliancy (which is what the
tests check). Also CallableStatement has never been implemented (it's just a
stub at the moment), and were only just starting on implementing the ODBC
style escape syntax.

The SQL92 reference is so that simple queries can be written, and they will
work for all compliant drivers without changing the calling code.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support