RE: [INTERFACES] I'm getting crazy...HELP ME!

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Robson Martins'" <robson(at)netalfa(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] I'm getting crazy...HELP ME!
Date: 1999-07-15 06:57:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

      co =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://host/db","user","pass");

This line will be your problem. Is the server you are loading the applet
from called host? If not, the browser will block the driver from
connecting.

ie: If I had an applet on my web site, and it downloaded from the url:

    http://www.retep.org.uk/applet.html

Then the connection line should read something like:

      co =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://www.retep.org.uk/db","use
r","pass");

IE: the host name must be identical. Even if your host has multiple dns
entries.

PS: The above url's don't exist ;-)

Peter

--