RE: [INTERFACES] Large Object Exception/Serializing Java Objects

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Joe Shevland'" <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>, Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Large Object Exception/Serializing Java Objects
Date: 1999-12-10 11:56:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Shevland [mailto:shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au]
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 6:48 AM
To: Peter Mount; pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Large Object Exception/Serializing Java
Objects

I'm pretty sure I compiled it to a 1.2 version (==JDBC2.0?) although
with
the requirements of gnujsp/jserv/apache I may have tied myself in a
knot.

PM: Infact, the LO & Serializing code is identical in both versions, so
it shouldn't really matter in these cases (both are subpackages).

Failing that, I'm using a 1.3 vm on Windows 98 to communicate with a
1.1.8
FreeBSD JVM. That could be the prob?? (actually, having said it, it
sounds
like that could well be the problem) Its all to try and faciliate
persistance of Java objects with EJBoss (www.ejboss.org); if there's
easier
options I'm happy. This is probably an effort everyone in the open
source
comunity will benefit from too when you realize the benefits of EJB's...

PM: I'll have to take a look at it. It's possible as 1.3 may have a
different Serialising format than 1.1.8 (the Swing docs actually state
that it would be incompatible).

Thanks heaps for input,

(BTW, the 'Z' error sounds ominous :)

(And also BTW, I love the way people overseas are awake when I'm busily
coding at night... Australians coders must be a dying breed :)

PM: It's a common knowledge that the best software code is produced at
3am - I know that mine does - too many distractions otherwise.

Cheers,
Joe