Re: FW: pgAgent job limit

From: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Lucas, Craig" <Craig(dot)Lucas(at)asurion(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FW: pgAgent job limit
Date: 2008-03-19 16:32:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I was thinking about this part of the pgagent.sql script the other day:

INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobclass (jclname) VALUES ('Routine
Maintenance');
INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobclass (jclname) VALUES ('Data Import');
INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobclass (jclname) VALUES ('Data Export');
INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobclass (jclname) VALUES ('Data
Summarisation');
INSERT INTO pgagent.pga_jobclass (jclname) VALUES ('Miscellaneous');

You don't have a UI for these job classes but they are used to populate
the drop down list when creating a new job. If someone wants to
insert/update/delete any of these job classes, they have to do this
manually without a UI. Based on this, I would think we could add this
feature without a UI change.

I also thought about putting the job throttling into the job class by
throttling jobs based on the job class they are in. It would take more
changes to the SQL code but I think it would be doable and add more
flexibility.

Jon

<Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>