Password policy

From: "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Password policy
Date: 2008-01-15 22:11:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I need to set a basic password policy for accounts but I don't see any
documentation on how to do it. I'm assuming there is a way to do this,
maybe even with a trigger.

The policy would be something like this:
1. Must contain letters and numbers
2. Must be at least 8 characters long
3. Must contain one special character (#,@,$,%,!, etc)
4. Password (not the account) must expire after 90 days
5. Must warn users 10 days before the expire to change the password

Jon