Full Text Search: howto manage multiple languages ?

From: Cédric MOULLET <cedric(dot)moullet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full Text Search: howto manage multiple languages ?
Date: 2010-03-21 21:19:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have the following problem with the FTS: the database contains information
in several languages. As I understand, the FTS requires to associate a
language when ts_vector is created. Is there any way to make a kind of
international search, without having to associate a specific language to the
ts_vector ? I must admit that it's quite ambiguous, but let's imagine that
you have a worldwide address repository. In that case, you can find "Rue",
"Street", "Strasse" etc... which have all a low significancy.
Thanks in advance for any tips,
Cédric

--
Welcome to my world: http://www.cedricmoullet.com/