Re: Problems with the Windows 8.4.1 upgrade from 8.3 on non-C drive

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with the Windows 8.4.1 upgrade from 8.3 on non-C drive
Date: 2010-02-26 04:09:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I realize that this is a feature and not a bug, but what I ran into
confronting the same issue was the fact that the servers listen on
different ports and when I uninstalled the older version, the newer
version was listening on a non-standard port. This caused some
confusion for awhile.

I also realize that having both versions on the same port may be both
impossible and unwise or some power of both, but is there a standard
port that they are "competing" for in some dark server hell.