Re: [INTERFACES] manipulate array wiht ecpg

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
To: "S(dot)F(dot) Lee" <sflee_tw(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] manipulate array wiht ecpg
Date: 1999-12-27 13:23:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 01:51:39AM -0800, S.F. Lee wrote:
> I am using ecpg to manipulate the whole row in a
> table,and I have a problem in array, can anybody give
> me a hint or a small test program to process array?

Unfortunately this is a known bug in ecpg. It's listed on the TODO list.
However, I have no idea so far how to fix it. The only way you can insert an
array is by listing its members. That is you have to create your insert
statement via sprintf for instance and use exec sql execute immediate.

Sorry. I will fix it as soon as I find a solution.

The problem is that ecpg also allows inserting the whole array as single
integers by only listing the array.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes | Go SF 49ers!
Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go Rhein Fire!