Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS
Date: 1999-11-10 15:42:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>> Is there any reason configure couldn't handle this?
>
>As simple as a '--with-corba=mico' configure option ... or, I would think?

>From the point of view of a package maintainer, I would much prefer a
solution that separated the choice of Orb from the main build.

If the choice goes into configure, I will have to pick a single Orb and
build the Debian package for that, or else make packages for every
Orb that Debian supports. It would be better if I could build a generic
Orb-enabled PostgreSQL and produce a little pg-orb connection library
for each Debian-supported Orb.

--
Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk