Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE

From: "Albert REINER" <areiner(at)tph(dot)tuwien(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE
Date: 1999-10-24 15:48:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry, should have gone to the list in the first place:

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 12:18:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Albert REINER" <areiner(at)tph(dot)tuwien(dot)ac(dot)at> writes:
> >> albert=> vacuum analyze;
> >> NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> >> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

> to back-patch into 6.5.*. In the meantime, the only way to find out
> what that original error message was is to consult the postmaster log

(or running strace psql)

> file --- you are running the postmaster with stdout/stderr going to
> some logfile, I hope. It should show up right before the NOTICE and
> then the postmaster's response to the backend coredump.

ERROR: vacuum: can't destroy lock file!
NOTICE: AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

But where can I find this lock file, and can I simply remove it?

> Once we have vacuum's error message we can maybe offer some useful
> counsel.

Looking forward to that,

Albert.

Albert Reiner <areiner(at)tph(dot)tuwien(dot)ac(dot)at>
Deutsch * English * Esperanto * Latine

----- End forwarded message -----