Re: [GENERAL] Installation simplicity

From: Alain TESIO <alain_tesio(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Duncan Kinder <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Installation simplicity
Date: 1999-10-21 22:30:00
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Duncan Kinder <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net> wrote:
> There appears to be some difference between the RPM Postgres
> distribution
> and what you would expect from compiling the binaries.
>
> I don't know what the problem was, but rather than try to figure
> the thing
> out, I finally removed the RPM's downloaded and compiled according
> to the
> documentation.
> <snipped>

I've installed the RPMs on the ftp site for RedHat 5.2 and it
seems to work fine (don't use upgrade, erase and reinstall), it's
much faster than the monkey-job in 29 steps described in the
installation procedure.

I found out that the package "client" has been splitted in
several parts (perl, tcl, ...)

I had several regression error due to a different sorting
result (case-sensitive or not). Any idea ?

Thanks
Alain

--------+-----
AAAA | 2
BBBB | 2
- CCCC | 2
- XXXX | 1
bbbb | 1
cccc | 2
(6 rows)

QUERY: SELECT count(*) FROM test_missing_target GROUP BY
test_missing_target.c;
AAAA | 2
BBBB | 2
bbbb | 1