pgaccess can't see libpgtcl

From: "Ibrahim Shaame" <i_shaame(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: pgaccess can't see libpgtcl
Date: 1999-10-08 08:56:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there,
Please bear with me. This question has surely already been asked and
answered. But can't find the answer.
I have downloaded Postgresql 6.5.2 and installed it. I am not sure
whether installed properly, but I suppose (this is my firt time to). When I
try to run pgaccess I get a message that says there are no libpgtcl.so
libraries, while I compiled them and there are links in the lib/ directory
(linking to source directory. My directory structure is as follows:

/usr/src/pgsql/ .... (for the sources)
/usr/local/pgsql/ .... (for the bin, data, lib, man, pgaccess )

I get the same message whatever the name of the user I use to log in
(ibrahim, postgres (owner of the account))

Note:
I have followed the instructions for installing pgaccess as they are in
the release 0.98 (the release I use)

Thanks for your help

Ibrahim