Re: [GENERAL] How to import data from MDB or pipe delimited file into PostgreSQL

From: "Doran L(dot) Barton" <fozz(at)iodynamics(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql(at)brazilinfo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] How to import data from MDB or pipe delimited file into PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-10-01 22:30:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Not long ago, PostgreSQL proclaimed...
> What is the best way to import into a PostgreSQL database data from a
> Microsoft Access database?
>
> Should I export the data to a pipe or comma delimited file and then import?
> *But how can I do that* ?

Once you have an Access table exported using some kind of delimiter, use
the COPY command to import it into a table in PostgreSQL.

psql> COPY INTO TABLE1 FROM '/home/joe/access_export.csv' USING
USING DELIMITER ',';

I'm not aware of any way to import table schemas from Access- you'll
probably still have to do that by hand.

-=Fozz

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz(at)iodynamics(dot)com>
Iodynamics LLC -- "Internetworking the masses"