Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?

From: Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA <ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com>
To: David Heinecke <dheinecke(at)axent(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Anyone doing a native NT port?
Date: 1999-09-27 17:21:31
Lists: pgsql-general

In message <8A34CE6287D8D211AB0600A0C9D182235D2AB2(at)raven(dot)rockville(dot)axent(dot)com>yo
u write:
>Hello,
>
>My company is pretty impressed with postgre on unix, but we also need a
>native port for nt (it is not an option to have our customers install cygwin
>on their production systems.) Ideally we would like to see the backend
>running as a native service under nt. We have the resources to do the port
>ourselves (I will probably end up doing the work myself), but I was
>wondering if there was already an effort underway to develop something like
>this.
>
>Dave Heinecke
>Senior Software Engineer
>Axent Technologies

Don't know if this helps, but I pretty well have an install procedure
that installs a Postgres 6.5.1 binary tree with enough of cygwin to
make it work, so the user never has to go get cygwin or compile
Postgres. It's very basic, no spiffy GUI, it just asks several
questions and goes to work...

I have also been able to install it as a service, though I have not integrated
that part with my install.

Ted Nolan