data mart indexing support?

From: "amy cheng" <amycq(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: data mart indexing support?
Date: 1999-09-23 06:58:01
Lists: pgsql-general

greetings, all experts & newbies there!!!

my questions are all related with data warehouse indexing:

1) does PG support bitmap index?
2) can PG use multiple indices with in ONE query? so that we do not
need to make multiple attribute indices (composite indices).
3) can PG actually do Cartesian product on multiple relatively small
tables ("dimension tables" in data warehouse jargon) first and
THEN join the result with the largest table ("fact table")?

thanks!!!

amy