Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???

From: "amy cheng" <amycq(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk, ghoffman(at)ucsd(dot)edu
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Database Best Practices ???
Date: 1999-08-30 17:36:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Oliver, or/and, Gary, and all other experts,

I studied this design:
1) inheritance and trigger: since "person" and "person-address" relationship
already has triggers, why "organization" and "individual" still need
triggers with "person-address"?
2) "person-address" is the relationship between "address" and
"person", why "person" still need to DIRECTLY relate with "address"?
and, again (similar to question 1) why "organization" and "individual"
still need?

Perhaps those codes are just jokes? ????????????????????

amy