6.5.1 pg_dump adds "connect as" line

From: Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA <ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org"(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com
Subject: 6.5.1 pg_dump adds "connect as" line
Date: 1999-08-28 02:34:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Folks,

Just noticed this: I did a pg_dump on a database I wanted to send to
someone (from 6.5.1 on NT), and the dump file included a "connect as"
line.

This was bad, because we don't share a user namespace, and when he did

psql < dumpfile

it died because my user did not exist on his machine. (We used sed to
edit it out and continue from there..)

6.5 on Solaris does not emit this line, and reloads on machines with
different users work fine..

Is this a bug, or a feature I don't understand?

Thanks,

Ted