Re: [GENERAL] problems compiling scripts.I'm near suicide

From: Artur Pietruk <arturp(at)plukwa(dot)pdi(dot)net>
To: Ximo Domenech <ximo(dot)domenech(at)ival(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] problems compiling scripts.I'm near suicide
Date: 1999-08-03 17:43:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 06:57:29PM -0100, Ximo Domenech wrote:
> Premature end of script headers: /export/home/httpd/cgi-bin/xyzcgi
>
> In the log file of Apache I can see the same message and other:
>
> Internal Server Error
> Premature end of script headers: /export/home/httpd/cgi-bin/pruebacgi
>
> Connection to database 'xyz' OK
> DECLARE CURSOR command failed
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers

It means that there is something wrong near "declare cursor" in
your source code. First of all check syntax of delcare cursor. If
everything is OK you should check permissions for all tables etc. inside
"declare cursor", if they are accessible to account 'nobody' (assuming
that your web-serwer is runnig as a nobody user). You should have postgres
account nobody (create it by shell-command 'createuser nobody') and
permisions (run psql your_database_name and than enter e.g.:
'grant all on your_table_name to nobody' ). You should also check
pg_hba.conf.

Good luck!

--- Artur Pietruk, arturp(at)pdi(dot)net