Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not dumping all tables

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not dumping all tables
Date: 1999-07-29 03:54:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 11:28:17PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, G. Anthony Reina wrote:
>
> > Again, the text file is over 2 Gig so I can't seem to find an editor that is
> > big enough to hold it all in memory (I only have a half a gig of RAM). So it
> > really is just guesswork. Anything you can think of to strip the data from
> > this big of a file?
>
> egrep "^CREATE|^COPY" <filename> ?

The one class of failures on upgrade we have been seeing is tables with
fieldnames that were previously reserved words. One of those might keep the
rest of the COPYs from working, would it not?

try piping the combined stdout and stderr together through grep "ERROR"
and see if anything pops up.

Ross

--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer