From: Wayne Piekarski <wayne(at)senet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: yjchui(at)ms(dot)chttl(dot)com(dot)tw
Date: 1999-07-24 03:34:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

> From: Yann-Ju Chu <yjchui(at)ms(dot)chttl(dot)com(dot)tw>
> Subject: about stuck spinlock of postgresq-l6.4.2
>
> I have checked the postgresql mail list about the stuck spinlock.
> I have found one about the related discusion and there is one line for
> stuck spinlock error as
>
> " The above errors are a normal 6.4.2 with no patches - I am not running
> Tom's patch yet"
>
> I have tried to find the patch to avoid stuck spinlock and not success.
> Could anybody please tell me where to get the patch abou the stuck spinlock?

Hi,

I installed the patch you mentioned to fix the spinlock problems but I
found that even still we had problems with backends locking up and sitting
idle waiting for nothing, and other related problems.

I highly recommend you upgrade to 6.5 because it has fixed a lot of these
problems for us. See my next post to hackers/sql for more information.

ciao,
Wayne

Wayne Piekarski Tel: (08) 8221 5221
Research & Development Manager Fax: (08) 8221 5220
SE Network Access Pty Ltd Mob: 0407 395 889
222 Grote Street Email: wayne(at)senet(dot)com(dot)au
Adelaide SA 5000 WWW: http://www.senet.com.au