BeOS port

From: "Cyril VELTER" <cyril(at)mail(dot)micronet(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: BeOS port
Date: 1999-06-15 23:43:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi alls

I'm working on a port of postgres on BeOS (www.be.com). BeOS is not
a real UNIX, but it provide a subset of the posix API. At this stage
I've a working version ofit. But since 6.4.2, I've a lot of problems
(dynamic loading doesn't work any more...) with the fact that
postgresmain is call directly instead of the old exec method. BeOS
really don't like to do a lot of thing after a fork and before an exec
:=(.
I would like to know how hard it would be to add the exec call. As
I understand it, I have to get back all global variables and shared
memory and perhaps doing something with sockets/file descriptors ? I've
a ready solution for shared memory but I need some help regarding the
others points.

Any will really help me.

cyril