Error with JDBC

From: Peter Garner <peter_garner(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error with JDBC
Date: 1999-05-22 11:36:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi All

I am using Postgres 6.5b and the JDBC that came with
it. Under RH6.0 I get the following error attempting
to connect :

java.sql.SQLException: Something unusual has occured
to cause the driver to fail. Please report this
exception: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown Response
Type: K
at postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:106)
at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:83)
at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)
at
crazy.pete.jnews.nntp.NewsReader.connectDBMS(NewsReader.java:95)
at NewsMain.main(NewsMain.java:64)

I suspect this is something to do with a network
service not being properly started. (I doubt it has
anything to do with the postmaster, since I am using
the identical startup script that worked with RH5.2.)
Oh, BTW both postmaster and the JDBC CLIENT are
running
on the same machine. What service could I have
forgotten to start that is preventing TCP sockets from
working? Thanks!
===
Peace,
Peter

We are Microsoft of Borg, you will be assimilated!!!
Resistance is fut... ***BZZZRT*** THUD!!!
[General Protection Fault in MSBorg32.DLL]
Please contact the vendor of this Borg for more information