More Access Database Migration Questions

From: James Miller <bmg_jmiller(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Postgresql Interface List <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: More Access Database Migration Questions
Date: 1999-04-29 22:38:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am working on the deployment of a service software package that is
implemented in Access2.0 (I have the Access97 beta and am investigated
it as well) and would like to migrate the database backend out of the
Access db file to Postgres by replacing the local table entries with
references to a System DSN of postgresql connection via WAN. (It's
not an enterprise product but I was of course happily volunteered to
shoehorn it to "web-enable" it...;)

Has anyone implemented a similiar solution across WAN connections? Is
this a viable proposal? Have their been problems with data conflict
resolution? Anyone have ideas for data replication, sync, and
corruption for providing offline support using Access and Postgres
together?

Does Access put any restrictions other than the requirement of a
primary key on each table on ODBC and Postgres? I still have trouble
with the oid problems that have been discussed this week and don't
understand what the problem is... ;<

Thanks for your continued advice.
--
james adot miller anAtsigN BMGSeltec andaDotCom