patches for 6.5

From: Massimo Dal Zotto <dz(at)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL Hackers)
Subject: patches for 6.5
Date: 1999-03-31 16:39:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have some patches for version 6.5 (postgresql.snapshot.tar.gz dated Mar 26):

varchar-array.patch this patch adds support for arrays of char() and
varchar(), which where always missing from postgres,
and also fixes a bug in the catalog definition of
array_in(). You can now define filds as:

x char(12)[],
y varchar(9)[],

block-size.patch this patch fixes many errors in the parser and other
program which happen with very large query statements
(> 8K) when using a page size other than 8192.
The patch also replaces all the occurrences of `8192'
and `1<<13' in the sources with the proper constants
defined in various include files.

I found a little problem with this patch: flex defines
an internal buffer size of 16K which is obviously
inadequate with large queries. I solved the problem
replacing 16K with 64K with sed, but this introduces
some constants hardwired in the Makefiles, which I
don't like very much. I don't even know if this fix
is portable with other versions of flex. If someone
has a better idea it is welcome.

In the .tgz attachment there are also two sql file I used for testing.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

| Massimo Dal Zotto email: dz(at)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it |
| Via Marconi, 141 phone: ++39-0461534251 |
| 38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN) www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/ |
| Italy pgp: finger dz(at)tango(dot)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it |

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename application/octet-stream 7.9 KB