Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Problem concerns copy command with big oids

From: David Wetzel <dave(at)turbocat(dot)de>
To: Helmar Spangenberg <hspangenberg(at)frey(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Problem concerns copy command with big oids
Date: 1999-03-14 20:35:00
Lists: pgsql-ports

> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:58:01 -0500 (EST)
> From: Unprivileged user <nobody(at)hub(dot)org>
> To: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org

> Not a fix, but maybe a hint:
> It seems to me that the internal representation of the oids
> is not consistent (long int - unsigned long int). I
> realized that the oid of ONE dataset sometimes was printed
> as a negative number and in other cases as a positive
> number (when big enough).

I guess that psql does not "recycle" oid numbers when you delete 1 oid and
create a oid (BLOB) again.

Another problem is that PSQL should delete the oid file when you delete the
row that references it.

---
_ _
_(_)(_)_ David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
_/ \_ Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave(at)turbocat(dot)de
(______) http://www.turbocat.de/
DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION
WATCH OUT FOR TURBOFAX for OPENSTEP!